Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Pastel de Tres Leches
by Patty

This dessert originated in South America. It is very popular in Mexico, Nicaragua, Cuba , Puerto Rico and Guatemala. If you are familiar with it, you know how fantastic this cake is. I can't take full credit for the recipe. The one I found in texascooking.com is easy and so delicious. It is called Tres Leches or Three Milk because of the 3 milk mixture you pour over the finished cake.
The result is so unbelievably good, with just the right amount of sweetness and so moist (not mushy). The recipe calls for condensed milk, evaporated milk and whole milk (I used 1% and it was still delicious!)

Homemade whipped cream is used to frost the cake. I did not add any sugar on mine as the recipe called for. I didn't think it needed any more. I don't recommend using Cool Whip or Redi Whip, it is not the same thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is some mouth watering authentic Cuban dessert...es muy delicioso!