Monday, September 18, 2006

Chicken with Green Papaya and Malunggay Leaves
by Kristine

Malunggay is a plant cultivated in tropical countries. It is an excellent vitamin source. Rich in vitamins A & B and minerals such as calcium & iron, these leaves have an antioxidant activity of about 71%! I am fortunate enough to find it at our local asian store in the San Francisco area.

The broth is flavored with garlic, onions and a hint of ginger. Green papaya is cooked until tender (not mushy). Excellent with hot steamed jasmine rice and fish sauce! My 19 month old toddler, Solie, loves this dish!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one turns down a good authentic Chicken Tinola like this one! deelish!

Kellybellys said...

i was googling for a recipe of papaya and malunggay leaves, and stumbled into your site. Great! Would you kindly send me the recipe for this? I would be delighted to try it! Salamat!
Julie

Kellybellys said...

I googled green papaya and malunggay and stumbled into your site. Would you kindly send me a recipe? I would be delighted to try this! Salamat po!