Wednesday, August 23, 2006













Chiffon Cake with Buttercream Frosting
by Patty

Baking a cake from scratch is not difficult. Having all your ingredients on hand before getting started really helps. A basic chiffon cake recipe requires egg separation. Make sure your egg whites are placed in a clean, grease-free bowl. Cream of Tartar is not necessary to stiffen your egg whites. I find that it leaves a funny taste. I baked the chiffon batter in a sheet so I can later assemble the finished product in layers. I think it's prettier. Although you can bake it in any size pan you like. When you make the frosting, your butter should be room temp. The frosting can be flavored with vanilla, orange or lemon extract. You can also use fresh whipped cream for frosting. Serve with your favorite fruit. I garnished mine with sliced nectarines from our tree.

No comments: